Family Medical Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
JOB TITLE: Family Medical Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
HIRING RANGE: To Be Discussed – Competitive and Compensatory with Experience
The Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner responsible for providing competent, appropriate and legal primary care services to OIC patients. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
· Provides direct outpatient primary care to patients by performing diagnostic and therapeutic services to assist physician in diagnosing medical and health and prescribing necessary treatment for primary patient care, records pertinent data for review by physicians.
· Takes patient history; conducts physical exams, records data; writes progress notes and narrative summaries.
· Prescribes medication utilizing clinic formulary for outpatients as feasible and per physician assistant protocols.
· Act as the liaison with medical care resources when referral is needed per protocols
· Requisitions on and off-site lab and x-ray exams as needed per protocol.
· Participates in continuing education activities on- and off-site when appropriate and feasible.
· Participates in staff conferences to devise individual patient care plans, to revise and update clinic services, continuing quality improvement program and continuing education as appropriate.
· When there are no patients to be attended to, participates in patient related activities.
· Maintains appropriate medical certification as required by the NC Medical Board.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program. National Certification as a PA or NP. Licensed to practice by the NC Board of Medical Examiners. Ongoing documented continuing education required
Other Skills & Abilities
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.