JOB TITLE: Experience-Level Carpenter
DEPARTMENT: Value Added Business Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until 11/30/2023
HIRING RANGE: $21.53 – $27.00
The Experience-Level Carpenter is responsible for safe construction, installation, and repair of wooden structures. Position is required to read and interpret architectural blueprints, diagrams, and building plans and determine the type and amount of material required for each project.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
- Able to work and travel to various worksites in NC.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Read and interpret architectural blueprints, diagrams, and building plans.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Assist in transporting the materials and equipment to each work site.
- Shape and/or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Construct and/or install cabinets, doors, floors, scaffolding, framework, stairways, rafters, partitions, window frames, interior and exterior trim, foundations, walls, ceilings, roofs, and other wooden structures using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Perform trim and finishing work.
- Inspect the integrity of structures upon their installation.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace as needed.
- Assist with monitoring inventory and replenishing supplies, as needed.
- Clean, maintain, and store tools and equipment properly.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations.
- Clean up worksite debris to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED; Proof of completion of a vocational carpentry program/apprenticeship; Minimum of 5 years’ related work experience.
Spends most time outdoors, frequent exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures for one hour plus. Possible exposure to distraction/uncomfortable noise levels and vibration of body or extremities. Risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc. Possible exposure to fumes, odors, etc. that may affect respiration and skin.
Physical strength and stamina. Sitting, standing, walking, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills & Abilities
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES: Must be able to comprehend and interpret architectural blueprints, schematic diagrams, sketches, building plans, etc. and ensure the safety and quality of the final product; Proficient with hand and power tools; Must display exceptional attention to detail; Good math and problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.