Dental Hygienist (RDH Required)
JOB TITLE: Dental Hygienist (RDH Required)
DEPARTMENT: Dental Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until Filled
HIRING RANGE: $30 to $40/Hour (Based on Experience)
Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies; charting conditions of decay and disease; and performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act. The position will participate in QI activities as needed.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Prepares treatment room for patients by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patients.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Select materials and equipment for dental hygiene visits by evaluating patients’ oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Apply fluoride and other preventive agents.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions, providing reminders of the time of the next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical dental histories; charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Place periodontal dressings.
- Perform vitality tests.
- Carve amalgams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene or Certificate in Dental Hygiene. Registered Dental Hygienist required.
Other Skills & Abilities
SKILLS/ABILITIES: The individual must possess knowledge of and the ability to use basic dental office equipment and instrumentation. Knowledge of current sterilization and infection control procedures. Must possess current CPR certification. Must be able to communicate effectively with patients and work in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.