Construction Worker Apprentice
JOB TITLE: Construction Worker Apprentice
DEPARTMENT: Value Added Business Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until 11/30/2023
HIRING RANGE: $19.00 – $25.00
The Construction Worker Apprentice will work under the supervision of the Journey Carpentry and Construction Site Supervisor assisting them in their duties while training to gain a better understanding of the trade.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
- Able to work and travel to various worksites in NC.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Attend courses on carpentry as needed.
- Learn and practice essential carpentry skills on the job.
Assist journeyman carpenter and site supervisor with construction and remodeling project such as:
- Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Building, demolition, remodeling and repairing structures.
- Perform routine carpentry including, but not limited to the following: reading tape measurement, blueprints, and drawings plus installing roofing, floors, framing, and sheetrock according to specification.
- Vinyl siding installation
- Extensive use of hand and power tools
- Basic plumbing and painting
- Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, ramps, scaffolding, etc.
- Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
- Prepare and apply construction materials to build structures or fill gaps.
- Remove debris and discarded material from the site.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Set up and maintain tools for your supervising carpenter.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with applicable safety regulations, laws, and OIC Inc. policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED; Proof of completion of a vocational carpentry program/apprenticeship; Minimum of 5 years’ related work experience.
Most time spent outdoors, frequent exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures for one hour plus. Possible exposure to distraction/uncomfortable noise levels and vibration of body or extremities. Risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc. Possible exposure to fumes, odors, etc. that may affect respiration and skin.
Physical strength and stamina. Sitting, standing, walking, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
Other Skills & Abilities
Must be able to comprehend and interpret architectural blueprints, schematic diagrams, sketches, building plans, etc. and ensure the safety and quality of the final product; Proficient with hand and power tools; Must display exceptional attention to detail; Good math and problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.