Assistant Construction Site Supervisor/Master Carpenter
JOB TITLE: Assistant Construction Site Supervisor/Master Carpenter
DEPARTMENT: Value Added Business Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until 11/30/2023
HIRING RANGE: $30.00 -$35.00
The Assistant Construction Site Supervisor/Master Carpenter is responsible for assisting with the supervision of OIC’s construction sites which includes helping the Construction Site Supervisor direct the work of the construction crew and ensuring all safety and quality standards are adhered to.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Attendance during normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
- Able to work and travel to various worksites in NC.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Assist with supervising and directing the construction work crew.
- Procure necessary materials and tools for construction projects.
- Assist with training the work crew on safety regulations and accident protocol, ensuring all standards are adhered to.
- Report all site accidents and injuries per OIC protocol.
- Assist with ensuring construction projects meet design and safety specifications.
- Assist the Construction Site Supervisor, set work plan and monitor the progress of construction work to ensure the project is completed on schedule.
- Assist with the selection and supervision of sub-contractors.
- Assist with conducting site inspections regularly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Master level carpenter with a minimum of 5 years carpentry experience and 3 years leading construction work crews; Valid Driver’s License.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 50lbs; willing to work outside in high and low temperatures in different seasonal environments; handle a variety of construction equipment.
Other Skills & Abilities
Good interpersonal and supervisory skills; Solid grasp of building compliance and safety regulations; Technical ability to interpret construction methods, contracts, and drawings.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.