Truck Driver – (OTR/Overnight)
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Truck Driver – (OTR/Overnight)
FLSA: Part-Time; Hourly; Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until 08/20/2023
HIRING RANGE: $20.00/hour – $30.00/hour with Shift Premium
The Truck Driver is responsible for daily pick-ups and deliveries to and from assigned locations.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Operate straight truck or tractor trailer and follow provided route plan for pick-up and delivery of plant product.
- Load, secure, and log via Route App all equipment and plant product before departing any location.
- Maintain daily logbook of activities.
- Complete daily vehicle inspection and report findings to the supervisor as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment while driving and onsite at clients’ locations.
- Work different shifts as well as overtime as needed and required.
- Stay up to date with and adhere to DOT standards.
- Maintain valid CDL and DOT certification as required for commercial truck drivers.
- Stay knowledgeable of safety regulations and hours of service by reading safety manuals and HOS guides.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Must have a valid Class A North Carolina CDL and at least 3 years of commercial truck driving experience. Good driving record. Must have a high school diploma or GED. Must be able to work different shifts, weekends, and overtime as required based on business need.
Must be able to drive over the road/long-distance. The position will include overnight stays.
Other Skills & Abilities
Skills & Abilities: Provide excellent customer service; Display good oral, written, and listening skills; ability to work independently.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for periods of three or more hours, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. Good vision abilities which include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus are required for this position. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.