JOB TITLE: Referral Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Care Coordination
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until filled
HIRING RANGE: $16.00/hour to $20.00/hour
The Referral Specialist will assist patients unable to access specialty care services due to insurance or other barriers. The Referral Specialist will coordinate the referral made by the Provider to the most effective specialty or required care and provide ongoing follow up on patients’ status inside and outside the health care arena. The Referral Specialist will participate in QI activities as needed.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
· Effectively link patients to needed specialty care, patient assistance programs, and preventative care.
· Connect families with needed and available specialty resources. Follow-up with clients and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
· Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency EMR and other required databases such as the CMIS database as required.
· Ensure that all documents submitted on behalf of a client are complete and valid.
· Assist other Case Managers in connection with social services as needed.
· Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, and evaluations.
· Assist with documents, letters, forms pertinent to improving patient care.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Complete other projects as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
1 year of case management services required. MS Office skill required.
Associates Degree in Human Services. Experience may be substituted for 1-2 years of Education.
Other Skills & Abilities
Ability to manage clinic flow of patients and apply time management principles; ability to articulate instructions to low-income people; bi-lingual basics (Spanish) desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.