Patient Services Representative (SCC)
JOB TITLE: Patient Services Representative (SCC)
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Part-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until Filled
HIRING RANGE: $15/hour to $18/hour
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for inputting complete, correct patient demographic information, updating all patient financial data, verifying and documenting patient benefits on each account. The position will participate in QI activities as needed.
The position is located at the OIC Specialty Care Center.
· Monday -Friday 11 am to 8:00 pm with the potential hours available every other Saturday.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
· Responsible for demographic, insurance and specific billing information taken directly from patient by registering new patients in the computer system and updating information on established patients for each visit. Includes obtaining required valid identification for all patients question, Medifax and insurance verification through computer and by phone.
· Informs patients of income verification process and account status.
· Sets up patient charts with accurate information.
· Monitors patient and visitor traffic during clinic hours and assist patient representative with greeting all patients to expedite check in and check out process.
· Responsible for balancing and preparing the deposit according to end of day reports for A/R while maintaining a cash drawer with adequate change to operate. Includes balancing all deposits to reports on scheduled evenings for all of medical front desk and submitting the deposit to accounting.
· Provides patient support and culturally competent services for at risk Hispanic population at the medical center
· Responsible for disseminating information to clients and visitors regarding services of the Medical Center and how to utilize these services.
· Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
Ambulatory health care/early childhood practice experience needed. Patient benefits/services coordinator experience necessary. Basic Accounting Principles and experience needed. Experienced in Federally Qualified Health Care environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Associate’s degree preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.