Medical Billing Supervisor
JOB TITLE: Medical Billing Supervisor
FLSA: Full-Time; Salaried/Exempt
DURATION: Open Until 9/22/2022
HIRING RANGE: $45,000 annually – $55,000/annually
Oversee Billing Department and the preparation and billing of all third-party claims to appropriate payers timely and accurately within reimbursement guidelines. Supervise billing staff, plan their schedules, and monitor output to ensure accuracy in coding, write-offs, billing charges and the satisfaction of HIPPA, state and federal regulations, Medicare, Medicaid and private insurers’ guidelines and requirements. Assure all payments are received in a timely manner and all receivable data for general ledger reporting purposes is documented. Update procedures based on frequently changing reimbursement guidelines and cross train staff in all duties.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Attendance during the normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
- Maintain updated written billing procedures.
- Ensure that written front desk and coding procedures are followed and updated to ensure adherence to HIPPA, Medicare, Medicaid, FQHC, HRSA, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure that all claims, write-offs, and denials are recorded and processed in time for the month-end close.
- Ensure that a system exist to a) track claims billed versus paid b) follow-up on, investigate and resubmit denied claims.
- Evaluate and cross-train all billers. Ensure billers stay current on regulation, coding and procedures governing billing from Medicaid, Medicare, private insurers, state, and federal agencies.
- Assist with collection reconciliation and invoicing to ensure money received represents what patients should pay or should have paid. Ensure that the FMC LOG receipts and the EMR system balance.
- Provide Accounting with all third-party billing information.
- Work with Medical Assistants to ensure providers’ notes and procedure codes match and are in line with all payee requirements and Company Policy & Procedures.
- Store and maintain all billing records for audit purposes.
- Provide assistance to clinic staff, grantors, vendors, and auditors upon request.
- Ensure that the sliding fee is administered in accordance with HRSA guidelines.
- Ensure that payments to all third parties are accurate and timely.
- Other duties as assigned by the Billing Manager and CFO.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills & Abilities
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.