IBH Patient Services Representative
JOB TITLE: IBH Patient Services Representative
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Behavioral Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
DURATION: Open Until filled
HIRING RANGE: $15.00/hour to $18.00/hour
The IBH Patient Services Representative is responsible for inputting complete, correct patient demographic information, updating all patient financial data, verifying and documenting patient benefits on each account, maintaining order of IBH office, and assisting Director of Integrated Behavioral Health with administrative tasks and duties. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for demographic, insurance and specific billing information taken directly from patient by registering new patients in the computer system and updating information on established patients for each visit. Includes obtaining required valid identification for all patients question, medifax and insurance verification through computer and by phone.
- Informs patients of income verification process and account status.
- Sets up patient charts with accurate information.
- Monitors patient and maintains visitor traffic during clinic hours and assist patient representative with greeting all patients to expedite check in and check out process.
- Input encounter form charges accurately according to clinic collection policies including input of all applicable diagnosis codes and minimum fee charges when checking out patient.
- Responsible for balancing and preparing the deposit according to end of day reports for A/R while maintaining a cash drawer with adequate change to operate. Includes balancing all deposits to reports on scheduled evenings for all of medical front desk and submitting the deposit to accounting.
- Provides patient support and culturally competent services for at risk Hispanic population at the medical center
- Responsible for disseminating information to clients and visitors regarding services of the IBH and how to utilize these services.
- Ensuring marketing information is available and disseminated in approved locations throughout the primary care site.
- Assist with triage patient as needed
- Obtains patient history and chief complaint/demographic information during patient intakes
- Maintain a patient community resource manual.
- Link, arrange and coordinate referral appointments within and outside of agency as Directed by the Director of Integrated Behavioral Health
- Enters data-related information in electronic health record
- Provide patient education/issue patient educational materials (health & psychosocial)
- Arrange patient appointments for IBH prescribing providers and consultants
- Performs light housekeeping chores
- Enters patient information in medical record; corresponds with medical records department in primary care
- Assist in assuring department and agency goals and objectives are met
- Attends all IBH site/agency meetings and patient service –related meetings within the agency
- Conducts behavioral screenings
- Communicates routinely with local and regional medical entities for care coordination
- Track IBH patient referrals
- Receives telephone calls, answering inquiries, and/or refers questions to appropriate staff members
- Provides reports to IBH Director of Integrated Behavioral Health
- Documents IBH meeting notes
- Assist with maintaining IBH Director schedule
- Performs other related duties as assigned as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
- Ambulatory health care/early childhood practice experience needed. Patient benefits/services coordinator experience necessary. Basic Accounting Principles and experience needed. Experienced in Federally Qualified Health Care environment a plus.
- Proficient in Windows 95, 98, 2000 & XP, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Works, MS Word, Desktop Publishing, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and MS Publisher. Operate a variety of standard office equipment such as fax machine, calculator, personal computer, and recording devices. Other competencies include alpha-numeric filing and answering multi-line telephones. Three plus years of customer service experience and billing experience along with time management and organizational skills.
- EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Associates degree preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.