JOB TITLE: Doula
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-Time -6/30/2023
HIRING RANGE: $25-$28
The overall goal of a doula is to provide support for the birthing person and to create an environment in which the individual feels safe and comfortable. This role enhances the goal of physicians and nurses, which is to ensure a safe birth for the individual and child. Doulas have no clinical role, duties, or decision-making responsibility, deferring instead to nurses or physicians.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Attendance during normal work hours is an essential function of the job to ensure work goals are met and customers are served.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Adheres to the DONA Birth Doula scope of practice.
- Recognizes birth as a key experience in a birthing person’s life.
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a person in labor.
- Assists the pregnant individual in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth.
- Stays with the laboring person and their partner throughout the labor.
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures, and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the laboring person get the information needed to make informed decisions.
- Facilitates communication between the laboring person, partner, and clinical care providers.
- Perceives their role as nurturing and protecting the birth person’s memory of the birth experience.
- Allows the pregnant person’s partner to participate at their comfort level.
- Adheres to the respective hospital’s rules, regulations, and policies.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Registration, or Certification: DONA Birth Doula certification (within one year of hire)
Other Skills & Abilities
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Constant prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing and walking. Constant manual dexterity, visual and hearing acuity. Frequent hearing, speech, and communication with patients and nursing staff. Body mobility that allows for frequent transfers, lifts, and positioning. Ability to stoop, bend, and reach up overhead. Occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds.
Environmental Conditions: May be exposed to body fluids and tissues. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Working Conditions: Frequently subject to long, irregular hours; subject to varying and unpredictable stressful situations.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.