Carpentry Trade Instructor
JOB TITLE: Carpentry Trade Instructor
DEPARTMENT: Education Services
FLSA: Full-Time; Hourly/Non-Exempt
HOURS: 30 to 40 Hours per Week
DURATION: Open Until filled
HIRING RANGE: $30/hour
The Carpentry Trade Instructor will provide instruction in classes that will teach basic skills and provide preliminary knowledge for carpentry trades to a population spanning all ages and genders.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide instruction and supervise Phase II training for a variety of carpentry trade projects.
- Educate students on relevant safety requirements, laws, and regulations pertaining to carpentry trades.
- Facilitate in-classroom learning and hands on training.
- Train students on the proper operation of power tools.
- Work with Director of Education Services to make sure all supplies and tools are ordered for classes.
- Control and monitor all inventory/tools/equipment used as a part of teaching class.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional carpentry experience.
- Relevant certification/education may be considered in lieu of experience.
- OHSA-10 training required within 6 months of hire. (Training provided on-site).
- Strong understanding of adult learning and able to motivate young people.
- Have strong carpentry skills, time management and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Have strong working knowledge of carpentry principals to include scaffolding, framing, roofing, steps, interior/exterior systems, and drywall.
- Demonstrate a passion for teaching and passing on the carpentry trade to others.
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employeer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved. This health center is a FQHC Health Center Program grantee under 42 I.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
OIC Family Medical Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed employment status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.